1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else think about this sometimes?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Invidia, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Um...: Maybe a PG tag is needed? I don't know, I talk about genitalia and stuff...

For people who are planning to transition. Do you ever think of the possibility that technology when it comes to transition will improve after you're done? For example, as for me my new female genitalia will include a neo-vagina and a neo-clitoris, pretty much. I won't have any ovaries or a uterus, so I won't be able to have children "naturally" (although adoption is a perfectly natural thing). Also, as far as I know (kind of embarrassing that I'm not sure) I will not have a G-spot - which I might miss during penetrative sex.

So... Assuming these things won't be available before I've had my surgery... Who knows, maybe five years later MtF SRS will include that the women get a G-spot. And maybe it will be possible to do it on women who have had the surgery earlier, maybe it won't. And if it won't maybe I'll think "I should have waited".

Just a little something I think about sometimes...

#1 Invidia, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  2. Systems

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've also thought about this. I'm guessing it would not be fun to get bottom surgery and then hear about how much better bottom surgery is some time later. The absolute worst case scenario is you're happy with bottom surgery and then feel massive buyer's remorse if techniques improve. I don't think I've ever heard of a G-spot being included in bottom surgery, unfortunately.

It's also possible (as far as I know) that medical technology will advance so far that trans people will be able to get lab grown genitalia.

3. pinkclare

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've worried about this in regards to gonads, since they have successfully used gene manipulation to make the ovaries of adult XX mice become testosterone-producing cells, essentially making them into testes. Imagine being able to go in for a single procedure that will replace a lifetime of hormone therapy! I used to worry a lot about them perfecting this technique for humans after I have had my ovaries removed. And once they're gone, they're gone.

However, since then, I've come up to two important conclusions:
    1) I am not going to sit around living my life with immense dysphoria, refusing to get surgery that will improve my body just in case, at some point, there's a chance that it could be improved even more. It's the whole "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" thing.

2) If/when these drastic improvements do come along (and Dr. Crane speculates that we will be able to use stem cells to grow our own gender-affirming external genetalia at least within the decade), there will be high demand for them to be able to be performed on trans folks who have already had a different surgery. After all, the trans people with the most money, power, and influence are quick to get surgery and they will want to take advantage of any improvements for sure.

4. Natasha Elyssa

Oh I think about this all the time. I'll be probably be at the point where I can go through the surgeries in about 5 years, so I guess I'll see where we're at then. I feel the same. :slight_smile: <3

5. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

Yep. I don't know if I'll even end up getting surgery. Having bad experiences with being addicted to medicines in the past, I really don't like the idea of being dependent on HRT for the rest of my life