1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone ever corrected YOU on your gender?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by FightingShadows, Dec 24, 2015.

1. FightingShadows

For all my fellow transfolk, has anyone ever misgendered you and when you correct them, they correct you? Or have you ever corrected someone on your gender and they continue to misgender you?
    What did you say? How did you deal with it?

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi,

I was at an LGBT club and this transguy said ''Aren't we friends, J? She's my best friend." [or something like that]. It annoyed me, I mean, he wouldn't like it if I called him 'she' [which I wouldn't] so why he doing that to me? We play the 'pronoun game' at the start of every meeting, so he knows what I use.

How I dealt with it? I just didn't look at him for the rest of the evening and went to talk to some other people I knew from elsewhere.

He only said it once, and he didn't talk to me after that, so I'll see how it goes when we return.

#2 Secrets5, Dec 24, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  3. Natasha Elyssa

I faced denial when I came out to my mom, but that's pretty much it. When that happened, I would just persist my point. "I'm a girl trapped in a boy's body mom. I was born as the wrong sex" and that would just be repeated over and over until the subject changed or the next question was asked. :slight_smile: <3

4. randomconnorcon

I'm still working on that...

5. DemiLiHue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well sometimes I use (in spanish, all adjectives are fucking gendered) female gendered pronouns for myself and I instantly feel bad and super dysphoric, but then my bestie T corrects me with the correct form and I just cant hold the happyness and I hug him tightly!!

6. NotKnowing

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Sometimes when I correct my friend she says "But what's between your legs??" like she wants to prove that we both know I'm not "actually a boy"
    I haven't really said anything about it, I always just look her in the eye and keep my mouth shut.. But if she does it again I'll say something

#6 NotKnowing, Dec 26, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2015