1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure about my gender..

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by NotKnowing, Dec 25, 2015.

1. NotKnowing

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey :slight_smile:
    Once again it's me talking about not being sure if I'm trans blablabla

It's one of these days again.
    The feeling I have about my gender is making me go crazy.
    I want to be trans. I want to want being a boy.
    But do I really, deep down identify as male?
    Like just a minute ago.
    I don't know if any of you have seen this thread "Women please answer". I saw it was subconciously like "Yeah so to me." and then I was like wtf?
    My friends are doing their best calling me Oscar and he/him. But then I talk about myself in third person and say my birth name?
    Whenever I hear the terms "woman" or "girl" I feel kind of like "Ok gotta listen, that's meant for me"
    I don't want this. I don't want to identify with these terms..
    I know this sounds weird & stupid, but sometimes I wonder if I'm trying to talk myself into
    being trans just 'cause I always obsess over stuff & subconciously think it will make my life somehow more interesting?

Oh and a small question. My chest hurts from binding (I think). Is that normal?

#1 NotKnowing, Dec 25, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
  2. YinYang

It's ok to still see yourself as female; you've been told you're female from the moment you were born. I sometimes mess up my own pronouns; I called myself a sister a few days ago, and that's ok. What really matters is what you feel deep down.

For the binding thing, your chest should never hurt from binding. Check to see if you have any rashes or red areas and maybe take a break from binding for a few days or something. Your health should always come first.

3. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As person below says, your chest hurting from binding isn't usually a good thing.

Yeah I saw the "Women please answer" thread and almost clicked on it as well. I think it is rather normal for us to react to it when we have been raised to respond to woman/girl/female.
    I also misgender myself a lot, its normal. I also realize that being called by my chosen name sometimes sounds weird, I'm not use to it after all.
    Don't worry, I believe this to be apart of the transitioning process as well.