1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it "safe" to try wearing a packer if I don't have bottom dysphoria?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by paris, Dec 26, 2015.

1. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello guys! Why I ask is that in order to experiment and help myself to figure out my gender I'd like to try to wear a real packer but I'm a little afraid that by doing so I may develop bottom dysphoria. The other day I rolled a sock and put it in my boxers and I really liked it, you know, but then when I put it out I suddenly felt empty-ish down there. So far I didn't care about having no bulge in my boxers much but now I'm a little worried that I can actually like wearing the packer and come to realize that "I'm indeed missing something down there" to the extent that it'd start bothering me and make me dysphoric. :confused: Am I worried for nothing?

2. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You aren't going to magically create dysphoria for yourself. You either have it and don't realize it, or you don't have it and will continue to not have it. It's entirely possible that when you start packing, you'll realize you're a lot more comfortable that way and will start to be conscious of having bottom dysphoria without one. It's also entirely possible that you'll try it out, it won't make a big difference, and you'll continue not having bottom dysphoria.

3. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you, darkcomesoon, you described exactly what I was thinking. The more I think about it, the more it seems that I'm really scared of what I could eventually find out. There's a part of me that wants to be honest with myself but there's also a part that's paralyzed with fear. It's probably a part of the accepting process, right?

4. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's definitely part of the accepting process. It's natural for something like this to be scary. But the fact is, if you have bottom dysphoria, you're going to have to realize it eventually. If you try packing, and your bottom dysphoria starts to bother you, it'll be something you'll have to learn to deal with, but you'll learn and it'll be fine.

5. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks Jesse. I ordered the packer. It's 14 dollars, postage included, so it's okay even if I don't like it.