1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Agender?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by StoryFanatic, Dec 26, 2015.

1. StoryFanatic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've been trying to figure out if I'm Agender or just a demigirl. I haven't known all my life that I didn't feel right as a female or male. It's been fairly recent, my decision, and I feel like I won't be really Agender unless there's been some giant change during my childhood. Is there anything I need to know about the mental transition into being Agender?

2. Elianora

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know if this helps but I sometimes identify as agender in a way that I haven't seen described often. For me agender isn't so much a gender identity. I'm fluid in my gender and fluctuate between Feminine male, androgynous, and female. In addition to that, and on a whole separate scale, my gender strength fluctuates. Agender is more of one extreme on a scale of how much do I care about gender and can exist anywhere on my scale of gender identity.

3. HentaiMaster23

Out Status:
    A few people
    isn't Agender usually called Gender Neutral, or Non-Binary (I dunno srry if I offended you)

4. crystalgem

Out Status:
    A few people
    well nonbinary is an umbrella term for all genders that are not cis male of female.

---------- Post added 26th Dec 2015 at 10:01 PM ----------

I used to be in the same position. I identified with demigrl, and even genderfluid, but for me it was because I couldn't let go of what society taught me my whole life.
    I couldn't let go of what I was assigned at birth.
    It's hard when people have referred to you as a girl your whole life and many of your experiences have been dictated by your assigned gender to just let go of the idea.
    Idk if it's the same for you.
    But, just with time I finally realized that demigirl or any other label is ever going to fit me, no matter how much I wanted it to because I'm agender. And after I realized that, with time it became easier to accept that I'm agender and to be okay with being referred to as a gender that is not connected to "girl"

5. Yato Gami

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My case is similar. At first I thought I was just a lesbian ( I knew I like girls too already some years ago). I've always been a kinda "boyish girl" but I knew I'm not trans. Then I found out that there's more than two genders and I thought about being genderqueer, then genderfluid (this actually for most of the time). But I realized that I don't actually feel like I'm more girl or boy, most of the time I identified as something in between, but it was all just trying myself out and it didn't feel right, so some days ago (on Christmas Eve actually) I figured I'm agender. Gender doesn't really matter to me, I'm neither girl or boy or both, I just feel like a person. It feels right now. So I know, it's not much of an advice but I guess, just keep trying yourself out and you'll find your right gender identity.

6. StoryFanatic

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That's exactly how I feel, thank you. It's just been hard because my family doesn't except it and every time I see something related to female's my mind immediately relates it to me. I always retract that thought and remember who I want and know I should be. It's still so hard to transition.

---------- Post added 26th Dec 2015 at 08:34 PM ----------

Thank you. X3

7. crystalgem

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah my family deosn't accept it either. They don't even know about there being more than two genders. When I got my haircut my mom disowned me because she thought I "wanted" to be a boy. Ignorance sucks. I'm counting on college to finally be able to date for the first time and fully come out, at least to friends at college.

It took me a while to transition, as it took me a while to understand that there can be more than two genders after having it pounded in my head for years that there are only boys and girls. But you never have to rush! I didn't mentally transition until I was fully accepting of the idea of me being agender.