1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTM pitch altering surgery

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Riz, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Riz

Riz

I think my transition was just made x9999999 easier. I'm not in a situation where I will go on hormone treatment for several years, and my biggest issue with myself is my voice.

Now I thought that was the only way to lower your voice, but I just found out about pitch altering surgery and that knowledge changed my world. Now it sounds a bit scary, since I'm afraid of damaging my voice but to be honest it would be worth if it would mean it being permanently lowered...

If and MTF are sneaking around in this thread I'm noting for those that didn't know that pitch altering to MTF is much more common and could maybe change your world too.

Now to the discussion, have anyone gone through this kind of surgery? Or heard of anyone who had? I'm curious to hear about it.

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Generally, with transmen, they will do this surgery if the person is unable to go on T because of health issues. It is halder to find surgeons that are willing to do this pre-t if you are planning on going on T at any point. With transwomen, it is a different story because hormones do not affect their voice.

3. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

It seems like surgery would be further away from hormones... but hey, that's just me.