1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trans Woman to make it easier

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by justine16, Dec 28, 2015.

1. justine16

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I am wondering if anyone else feels this way or can offer some advice. So I guess I feel like 75% female and 25% male. That being said, I want to pursue HRT and SRS bottom surgery. So I guess technically I am genderqueerish but for all intents and pruposes I am a trans woman. Should I just identify as a trans woman to make things a hell of a lot easier?

2. Jellal

Easier for who? Others, yourself, or both?

3. justine16

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yea, both I guess.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Be who you are. That's who needs to be happy.

5. justine16

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well I am not unhappy identifying as either a trans woman or as genderqueer. I feel fine identifying as either. It is really a question of semantics to be honest.

6. DemiLiHue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    tbh I'd identify as female but if you want to be free then I'd go by genderqueer. Either is cool

#6 DemiLiHue, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  7. FootballFan101

There is a demi-girl or non-binary female gender

8. DemiLiHue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was going to say that...
    Or maybe bigender

9. justine16

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks! I looked up demi girl and I think that kinda describes me, but I think I will still identify as a trans woman, just because that is basically what I am.

10. DemiLiHue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Go ahead sis!

11. Just Jess

Whenever I hear the words "identify as", I remember the game "papers, please".

You're a human being. You had some stuff getting in the way of life, you're planning on dealing with it with a little bit of dignity. Other people that want to date you, that typically like girls, will likely have a better shot at a successful relationship with you than people that typically like boys, although either will have to be aware and comfortable with both your past and who you are now to be successful.

The labels are supposed to be easier than everything I just said. Clearly they aren't doing their job. So fire them, explain things the long way when they become an issue, and focus on the many more important things in life.

12. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel the same way, (literally 75/25) and I want all the same body changes, but I identify as a girl. I'm a tomboy or aggressive or a punk. I live my life surrounded by strong female leaders, so why wouldn't I have grown up to BE one? There's nothing NOT womanly about being independent or comfy in your gender enough to enjoy a "boyish" lifestyle, right?

---------- Post added 30th Dec 2015 at 03:04 PM ----------

And to refer back to Just Jess, it's like when I tell people I'm vegan. What I REALLY mean is

"I'm kinda an aspiring vegan because I really HATE the idea of buying into a culture that allows animals to be used in a way that is objectifying and horrifying for ANY creature, but I do understand the culture that I live in and I understand that meat or some form of animal product is thrown away every day so honestly, I will eat it if, for instance, my family bought it but won't eat it all, or if, for instance, it was bought for me and nobody knew my eating choices, or honestly, sometimes I am just EXTREMELY depressed and I know that eating meat can give me the hard-to-find b vitamins that will make my life that much easier to live and every time I eat meat I still think about the fact that I'm willfully consuming the body of a family member on this earth, and I am extremely grateful for their sacrifice and I'm terribly sorry that they ever had to die. But with all that being said, 99% of the time I will not TOUCH meat, so I don't feel like my life choices should be nullified just because someone thinks that my efforts are somehow NOT summarized in the same way others are just because I understand that life is lived on a case-by-case basis and that sometimes the 'wrong' decision is completely 'right' in my eyes."

Sometimes people just don't want to hear about the 25%.
    Because honestly? That 1% for me just took up a whole half page and about three lung-fulls to say. There is ALWAYS an exception to the rule, right? *wink* and it can be FUN to be the exception in my opinion!