1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by 2pleasehelpme2, Dec 30, 2015.

1. 2pleasehelpme2

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I lately have been pretty positive I am transgender. I really want to be male. I'm 13 and it's my school holidays, since I have nothing to do I end up just sitting there a researching transgender FTM, but then I get all scared and thinking what if I regret it, what if I want to be a female again, what will happen? I don't plan on doing anything just now but I just keep second guessing myself and i'm just really stressed about. Any advice. :help::bang::confused:

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

There are three factors in gender identity; [reference: http://imgur.com/vp1EjlA]

Body: How someone feels with their physical body and the way it functions
    Social: How someone wants to be seen socially
    Mind: Thoughts and emotions regarding gender identity

Dysphoria is where the body, social and mind are not harmonious with the physical self.

Gender is not about gender roles or stereotypes.

If you identify as male, then when you're ready you can come out to friends and family. For the friends and family that are supportive, then they should support you whatever your gender identity is, trans, cis or non-binary. Therefore if you identify as male now but you later identify as female, then they should support you no matter what if they were supportive to begin with.

If you consistently find yourself shifting identity between male and female, perhaps research gender fluid identity.

Hope this helps.

#2 Secrets5, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  3. FootballFan101

Change the gender and sexuality of your account to Male and Straight and see how you feel about that