1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genderfluid ballet dancer

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Marcy, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Marcy

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have not come out yet to anyone, but I may soon. I am physically female and use female pronouns. I work at my ballet studio demonstrating steps for during younger classes for a teacher who has an injury. It really bothers me to always wear the girls' uniform in ballet class. I would be okay with wearing that uniform during work hours because all the students in the class are female. But during my own classes, I'd like to wear the boys' uniform. The studio owners are Christian, and the ballet director is a conservative Mormon. I'm in the advanced ballet program at the studio, and I'd like to stay in it for the sake of college applications and stuff. I don't know whether they'll let me present as male.

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

Perhaps you could tell them that you want to wear the male uniform for your own classes without telling them why. Or maybe tell them that you are genderfluid and explain what it means to you and that's why you want to wear male uniform. People, any people, are scared of what they don't know, so if you explain it to them, then they might understand. Or you could just go in, in the male uniform and see what they say.