1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being a masculine woman.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by FrogFriend, Jan 2, 2016.

1. FrogFriend

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For the most part, I am perfectly fine with being a woman and indetify as such, and cannot imagine myself actually going by male pronouns and simply being male.

However, I am incredibly masculine. I rarely shave just because I prefer not, I get along better with guys (not in that "I'm not like other girls6less drama" way, I promise) because I simply am too.. rowdy? most of the time. I pretty much identify as what could probably be just Butch, as in, I'm in all ways a woman but with more masculine qualities. I don't know exactly how the divide and gender "feeling" works, honestly. Although, I will admit a big interest in drag kings and having an alternate persona that's a man, if that makes sense.

Does anyone else have this feeling, being incredibly masculine/feminine with no dysphoria or urge to identify otherwise?

2. FootballFan101

You may just be butch, what about demi-girl or non-bianary girl or vice versa. You may be in denial. But the one thing you must renember is that only you can tell yourself your gender. Good luck

3. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

If you're happy being a woman, you're a woman, nothing else. If you want to be a drag king, fine. There's nothing wrong with that. How stereo-typically feminine/masculine one acts doesn't determine your gender. You determine your gender. I like things that are usually associated with femininity, but I'm still a guy.

There's a big difference between gender identity and gender expression. Your gender is female, but you present in a masculine manner. Meanwhile, my gender is male, but I present in a mostly androgynous manner.

#3 WhereWeWere, Jan 2, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  4. Juli

I'm a bit like that myself. I don't shave, or at least do so rarely, I keep my hair short, and wear pretty nuetral clothing. I just feal more me this way.

5. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not uncommon to be a masculine woman. It doesn't mean you're not a woman. Gender expression is not gender.

I don't understand how gender "feelings" work either. I'm a guy because I want a male body and to be seen as male. If you don't have dysphoria and don't feel the need to identify as anything other than a woman, then you're a woman.

6. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not uncommon to be a masculine woman. It doesn't mean you're not a woman. Gender expression is not gender.

I don't understand how gender "feelings" work either. I'm a guy because I want a male body and to be seen as male. If you don't have dysphoria and don't feel the need to identify as anything other than a woman, then you're a woman.