1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't know what to call myself

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by crystallight268, Jan 3, 2016.

1. crystallight268

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Like the title says I don't know what to call myself. I identify as a girl and go by female pronouns because that's what I'm used to you know? When I was 10 and 14 I tried to go by male pronouns and by a boy name but I didn't really take it seriously. Afterwards I went back to my real name and my female pronouns. Now that I'm older im back to thinking about and questioning this. To make this post a little easier I'll give you guys some backward information.

So I actually started wanting to be a boy when I was 10 years old. I remember trying to pee like a boy. I would take yogurt tubes like the go gurt tubes and cut it in half and tape it to the top of my privates. I would also take the tube and try to pee through it while standing up. I would sometimes use toilet paper rolls as well. I also remember praying to God and asking him to make me a boy in my sleep. I also would ask my grandma to call me Michael but that stopped as well. After awhile I stopped doing this.

When I turned 14 I went back to this. This time I wanted to take birth control pills to stop my period. There was also this other pill for that but I forget the name. Anyway, I also remember asking to be called Jaymony which was going to be my name if I was born a boy. Also asking for the male pronouns. But then all of this stopped.

Now I'm thinking about having top surgery to remove my breast completely but I'm not sure yet. I know that I definitely do not want my privates to be touched. I fine with my privates and would be uncomfortable with a penis. One of the reasons for this is because I want to be able to share my love with my girlfriend (when I get one) with female private parts but my chest flat. But sometimes I think about how it would be if I was to keep my chest. I don't know. I also know that I don't want to take anything that's gonna make my voice deep or give me hair on my face. Also I'm scared that my dad might beat me real bad if I was to get surgery and present myself as a boy. He definitely has a problem with me being gay so I know that he'll go the fuck off on me. It just scares me really bad.

Its like I want to be a boy but at the same time be a girl. Like have some male characteristics but still be a girl. I know that sounds confusing but its the truth.

2. IDont Say Aboot

Could you maybe be bigender? I think that that is when you feel like two genders at the same timeā€¦ not sure though.

3. FrogFriend

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel like what you are may be genderfluid. From my understanding, it is essentially "flowing" between genders, which sounds similar to what you're experiencing. I guess this article sums it up well, at least it probably knows more than I do: http://nonbinary.org/wiki/Genderfluid