1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Becoming more masculine after transitioning?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by misplacedaegyo, Jan 4, 2016.

1. misplacedaegyo

At the moment I'm a (mostly) closeted transboy (still questioning) running around in makeup, dresses and so on, but I'm quite sure I'll become more comfortable with expressing the "masculine" side of me even more if I end up transitioning. I'm very vain, and though I really like and would like to wear male clothing, I just think it looks so bad on my current very curvy and "feminine" body, and I'm simply wearing the clothes I like that suit my body type now. I'm basically making the best of what I got, I guess. But again; I really want to feel comfortable wearing male clothing and expressing who I am, but I don't feel comfortable enough in this body to do it? Is this normal? Has any of you experienced that you've become more "masculine" after transitioning? Or at least gotten more comfortable with expressing yourself?

Thanks in advance, Johan (*hug*)

2. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My therapist mentioned briefly that a lot of people do this, and I've heard a few people (boys and girls) who do this/did this pre-transition. It's totally normal.

3. DemiLiHue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well when I was closeted I still behaved like a tomboyish girl. Now i behave androgynous and I'm not afraid to use male pronouns (in Spanish there is mostly 2 pronouns lol) for myself! I'm free!!

4. misplacedaegyo

Ah~ I feel a bit more valid now, so thank you for sharing this information with me c:

5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not curvy and wide hipped but that doesn't stop me. Sure bodycon dresses don't look convincing on me but A line flared dresses give me a feminine silhouette. Same thing for guys. Tailored clothing fits tighter but with a slimmer frame person it looks better. So finding the right fashion would help.