1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binder hurting

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by NotKnowing, Jan 4, 2016.

1. NotKnowing

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    One morning my chest kind of hurt when I put on my binder. So I took it off again and didn't wear it anymore for a week or something. When there was any kind of pressure on my chest, it would hurt. Even after not wearing my binder for a few days. But then I thought that I had felt this pain before, for example when I didn't wear a bra and went down stairs etc.
    Well today I wore my binder for like 12 hours (I know that's way too long, I normally don't wear it that long) and now when I touch my chest it hurts quite a lot :/
    I don't know if the binder is the problem or just that my chest is very sensible to pressure? Or could it be another thing?

2. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know that sometimes when I wear my binder, that the area of my chest between my pectoral and my arm can begin to ache. From what I've heard from other people who wear binders on occasion or regularly, sometimes they just do hurt. The best thing for me when it happens is that I take a couple aleve and just don't wear it for a few days to give my muscle a rest.

Especially wearing a binder for more than 8 hours runs the risk of unneeded pain and distress. If you want to effect of a binder but want to wear something for more than 8 hours, wearing form fitting shirts that may be a size too small as an undershirt is something I've heard from some people.

3. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Stop wearing it for the time being. Is it chafing or something else? If it's chafing, just take a break. If it's something else I highly recommend you see a doctor--you don't even have to tell them you're trans, you can just say you were wearing a compression vest and not specify further, or say it's just an aesthetic thing.

The most important thing is that you do not put it back on while it's hurting you.

4. NotKnowing

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Well it doesn't hurt when it's on, it only hurts when I take it off :/ And mostly only for a short period of time..