1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is a good first binder?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by JackIsANerd, Jan 5, 2016.

1. JackIsANerd

So I want to ask my mom to get me a binder even though I am not out to her yet. The thing is I am not sure what would be a good first binder? I have one or two sites bookmarked but im not sure what to go with. Any suggestions? :help:

2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    GC2B all the way!
    GC2b FTM and transgender male Chest Binders

From other reviews I've read plus my own experience, they're very comfortable and work well, and more moderate in pricing.

No matter what brand you buy, I hope you get to bind successfully, brother. :slight_smile:

3. NotKnowing

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    My first binder was from Underworks. It was too big for me though, so I had to buy another one, so I ended up paying 100€ :dry: (Returning wasn't an option because of the supeeeeer high shipping costs.)
    It binds okay but I think I'll get a gc2b binder soon. I've heard really good things about them :slight_smile:

4. JackIsANerd

Thank you for the replies! I actually had GC2b bookmarked so im glad they have good binders :grin:

5. sailingonwards

I got Underworks as my first (ultimate tank chest binder) and it was really uncomfortable compared to gc2b (half binder). 10/10 would absolutely recommend gc2b.

6. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Underworks, gc2b, and LesLoveBoat are the ones I always here good things about.

7. JackIsANerd

Ah okay good to know! Thank you :slight_smile:

8. colt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Long story about why I needed a binder aside, I ended up getting like 6 different brands off ebay/amazon to trying them all out to find the ones I liked the best.

My favorite hands down was one I got from a company called "Ancient Fish King"

However, all binder are different. Different clasps on different sides. I would try to just find some inexpensive ones on Ebay. Try out a couple of different ones and find out for yourself which one molds your body the way you want it too :slight_smile:

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Gc2B and Underworks. If you have money to throw around, Loveboat is amazing--which is where I got my first binder. Just avoid the binders on cheap ones ebay, because they aren't exactly safe. I think Brad said someone he knows broke a rib from one of them, so it's better to be safe than sorry with them.

10. JackIsANerd

Oh ouch that isn't good :confused: thinks for telling me that! I will stay away from the cheap ones.

11. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, it is good to stay away from one of the cheap ebay binders. They can really hurt you if worn for a long period of time. I had a friend break their rib from one of the cheap binders. It's also important to wear the correct size binder for this same reason.

I have had good luck with underworks and GC2B. I've also bought binders from lesloveboat. The issue with them is that they are more expensive, so I would buy from them later if you don't like the other companies.