1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Male and female names together?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Lacybi, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm VERY confused about my name. I want to go by my middle name, Hope, but at the same time I want to have a male name. I'm masculine presenting and I know that I'll just be misgendered as a tomboyish female if I have a female name. The thing is that Hope is unisex but it's mainly used for girls now. I kind of want to have Seth in my name too but I think Hope Seth sounds a bit strange. Seth Hope doesn't sound too bad but I want to be primarily known as Hope.
    The point of this is; do you think Hope Seth sounds strange? Do you use or know anyone who uses a male and female name together?

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

I've always found that the more you repete a word that is unusual, the more usual it becomes. After a while of repeating your name, I found Hope Seth [said as Seeth] to be a really good sounding name. Of course, the name you want is your own, so if you're thinking Seth to be more staccato, then no one could make you do anything different.

#2 Secrets5, Jan 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2016