1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double life

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by smellofseasons, Jan 6, 2016.

1. smellofseasons

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Over the past two years I have done a lot of reflecting and ruminating over this idea of transitioning. I really feel a pressing need to become my true self but don't know how to do so and keep the safety and security I've built up for myself and my son. I have a job as a teacher. Already on my own time I can dress how I please. I feel dysphoria slightly by presenting feminine at work but it's like I can snap and stay in an alternate persona with mostly no issues. As soon as I get off and become myself again though I feel dysphoria frequently. Would it be so bad to cut my hair short and wear a wig to work? I'm flat chested so I feel I could probably even pull off top surgery with no one knowing. Hormones would be off the table unless I found a different job. Advice?

2. AaronV

Do you need to have long hair to keep the job? If not just get a haircut that could still be considered feminine. Or get a haircut every month or so and gradually take off a few centimeters.

#2 AaronV, Jan 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2016