1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Funny" things you said when you were younger?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by misplacedaegyo, Jan 11, 2016.

1. misplacedaegyo

Hello! Does any of you recall having said something amusing that could have indicated that you were trans, when you were younger?

When I was 10 - 12, I would be like "hey, anyone wanna trade a darker voice (I'm Danish, I don't remember the term for the changes male voices go through during puberty) for my periods?" "Still waiting for my voice to start getting darker.. " and things like that, and when I transferred to my new school at age 11, I showed up in my usual male shirt, jeans, converse and goggles (I was that kid), I said "hey, my name is Rebecca (given name) and I'm a girl until otherwise proven" and looking back at it, I think it's the most genius thing I could have said. I also made one of the guys from my class call me Peter, and then I'd call him Ellie..

2. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmmm...
    When I was younger I would say that I was a girl that was a boy, which was what I thought being a tomboy was. But then I got in trouble with my dad for calling myself that and never said it again.

3. Vincentt

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I remember as a teen, I told my parents a couple times that I wanted to get a sex change to be a guy... but it pissed them off so I stopped saying it. :icon_sad:

4. rolling orange

Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a very early memory from when I was in preschool, I think I was maybe five or six, and I remember I said to my mum one day "mum, I think I sound like a boy, do you think I sound like a boy?" She said "no of course not" and I felt so disappointed? I don't have many memories of me actually saying stuff relating to gender, except for a few times in high school when I once said that I wished I was a gay man, or that I wished my larynx was bigger so that my voice would be lower lmao. I wished from the age of 14 that my voice would drop but no such luck...

5. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So there was this friend of my friends, a massive and intimidating guy, who one day decided to try and befriend me, I was around 17 at the time. So we were talking and he asks me what music I like, I without hesitstion, enthusiastically said "The Spice Girls"! There was an awkward silence and he looked at me with the weirdest of looks...

I was so proud of myself for having such great taste in music! :eusa_ange

Girl power! :astonished:

#5 Eveline, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  6. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not really "funny", but saying quite often "I want to be a boy" or "I wish I was a boy."

Pretty blunt, and yet it still took me 24 years to catch on. :grin:

#6 ThatBorussenGuy, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  7. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Until I was about 8 I used to tell everyone I was a boy, tell my male friends that I totally had a penis you just couldn't see it, and call myself Tom Tuttle. Even when I was about 9 i tried to train myself to speak lower like my male cousin... Somehow I grew out of it and I'm not trans even though I'm still a bit of a tomboy. My mother says that she totally could have thought I was trans from the stuff I used to say though, and she said she did even wonder once... So now reading this I see what she means because young me totally fits into whats being said in this thread haha.

8. pinkclare

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was young, my mom asked me if I wanted a grilled cheese sandwich. I must have misheard it as "girl"Ed because I yelled back, " No! I want a boyed cheese sandwich!"

9. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

When I was 11 I would say "I'm a gay man in a girl's body."

10. JackIsANerd

When I was younger I use to tell my mom all the time that I should of been born the boy and my brother the girl. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. AxxeMyrmidon

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When I was younger I mainly wore boy clothes and at one point I wanted to be called a boy name.

12. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I still say this about me and my brother xD

13. JackIsANerd

Haha really? I haven't said it in a long time

14. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was pretty blunt too. People often got told by me that I was not much of a boy and that I just don't get boys. They're weird. And I even flatly said for years that I was basically a girl.

---------- Post added 11th Jan 2016 at 04:40 PM ----------

I also remember asking for a rattail because it was like a tiny pony tail and I used to call all my underwear panties. And I would always watch my mom get ready in the morning and ask her how to put on her makeup. I apparently remembered too because I totally knew instinctively how to do it my whole life. No issues.
    I also used to name all my hot wheels girl names. I would always tell my mom which cars were my favorite and which were icky boy cars. I also used to have a teddy bear they said was like me so Idnamed it rose and called her she and corrected them every time they called her he. Very serious, that stuffed bear.

15. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I also always say that me and my brother were suppose to be twins but I was fell asleep and missed our birth by two years. Me and him are exactly alike yet exact opposites at the same time. So I always felt very boyish so I've always wonder if he's ever felt girlish.

16. DRex

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I remember once when a girl I liked went through this "I only want to hang out with girls and not boys" phase, and I remember saying something like "Well, I'm a boy, and if I could change that, I would, but I can't, so..."

Of course, when we were actually dating later on, I was a bit worried about what to say to her and she responded "I'm basically just a boy with a girl's body, so you don't have to worry." So what I said might not be important.

Then again, it's possible that her statement was significant as well, considering she asked me out instead of the other way around, pressured me for sex a lot when I wasn't in the mood, and basically took on the traditionally male role in the relationship. As such, I do wonder what ever became of her.