1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by DemiLiHue, Jan 11, 2016.

1. DemiLiHue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I'm doing a fill to postulate a holiday program but I can't choose m or f because: being f makes me really uncomfortable and I hate being presented as female. But being male... I use male adjectives (in Spanish adjectives are gendered) and sometimes even male pronouns but like: I don't whant to use male bathrooms.... And I don't look male at all. I bra bind but it doesn't look really flat.... My face is female and my haircut also (I got one like one week ago so I can't have a haircut now) and my boobs are boobs and my hips are hips.
    Help?

2. pinkclare

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not sure exactly what it is you're filling out (probably cultural differences), but is it possible to leave it blank? Or maybe there is a mentor or advisor of sorts who helps LGBT youth navigate the system? Some situations require that you check the box that matches your legal identification, but have a place to write in special circumstances or considerations.

I think your best bet is to speak with a supportive advisor who knows more about why they are asking M or F and what will be done with that information.

3. DemiLiHue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No, I'm filling a forum.
    It's impossible to leave it blank, there's no LGBTQ guy to help me. I can't choose neither, nor leave it blank...:confused:

4. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Maybe there are public bathrooms somewhere you could use? That could help solve part of the problem. What's the form for exactly? Are you going somewhere?

5. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Also, what exactly does the gender you put on the form determine? Does it affect housing? Ensure you will be expected to use the men's bathroom? Etc.

Would it be safe and comfortable for you to be openly trans? If you publicly identified yourself as gender neutral but preferring male adjectives, people would likely still be perfectly comfortable with you using the women's bathroom.

6. misplacedaegyo

Could you write that you are of the female sex but then write that you identify as gender neutral next to it? I don't know what kind of postulate it is, but yeah.