1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Bar for Trans people?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Ineedmywaifu, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Ineedmywaifu

Out Status:
    A few people
    I am uneducated about the facts about gay bars since I've never went to one, and seeing that I'm a T girl, I'd rather not have my gender identity mistaken by people in my community XC. That being said, I would like to know the basics about gay bars. :confused:

Well, is it dominantly a male area or is it equally filled with lesbians and gays? Seeing that I am trans, how many of us do come to gay bars. I am expecting that its hard enough for us to find relationships, how can we find pan people or people ok with T folks. (Too bad there's no trans bar)

What are the etiquette of a gay bar? I mean, do people just come there to find people to bang or like... xd, I want to know if people are looking for sexual relationships or to have fun at the bar (like grinding stuff :eusa_danc :lol:slight_smile: and find tangible relationships.

Will most people assume that I am cisgender :dry: when they talk to me? Is there like confusion with that stuff at gay bars?

Is it better in your opinion to avoid gay bars entirely if I'm just looking for legitimate relationships as a trans person? I do want to meet people but Idk about bars. I just assume that gay bars are the most lgbt friendly places for dating.

Just T things I'm pondering on :confused: