1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advice on starting MTF transition.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kmann, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Kmann

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ok. I've already expressed my feelings to my wife. After years of fighting my feelings, living in complete denial, and being depressed, I figured it out. Now what to do. I am a woman inside and seriously want to start transition. I'm scared. I have fears. I'm weak. I'm overwhelmed. I feel it may be too hard.

Now I've seen homemade videos of others going through transition. Call it a timeline. Some are young. Some are older. I get feelings of jealousy when I see it. I'm happy they were able to become the woman outside to match the woman inside. To complete their selves. They all seem very happy. I wish I would have figured it out a long time ago.

My wife is somewhat supportive, but not the way I need her to be. It may come to choosing to not transition and live as a man in order to save my marriage or go through with it ending in divorce. I'm having a hard time deciding what will make me the happiest. I feel I need to do this. I feel it's the only true way to be happy.

I feel like I'm stuck in quicksand. If I do this, it will take time and serious money to get where I need to be. Therapy sessions, cost of HRT, laser/electrolysis, possible surgeries, etc. I can't do anything about my hair loss so I will need good quality wigs. The kind where you would never know. Then there is the cost of starting a wardrobe as well as keeping up on make-up. The cost of all of this is overwhelming to me.

On top of that. I need to learn to feminize my voice, walk more feminine, and just be more lady like. I need advice on where to start my transition. I need to start now but need to take baby steps. I would appreciate any advice you can offer me.

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

My biggest tip for anyone is go to charity stores. There's so much choice and it's a lot cheaper. You can see the different styles you like and if high-street stores are more your thing, you can go there afterwards [so you haven't spent a lot of money on a style you might not like]. You can also sometimes find un-opened make-up in charity stores.

Maybe do a list of priority of what you'd like to start first and then another list of the same things for the cost. Then weigh both of them up; perhaps start with the one that is closer to the top of both [but ultimately your decision].

3. stoutdriver79

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You need to set some goals and benchmarks. Set small goals. Hrt , implants etc are all long term goals. Get breastforms and such to help you get the shape you want. Buy make up kits, they have more variety and will be good to learn with. There are tons of tutorials out there. So focus on one thing at a time instead of everything at once, it gets quite overwhelming.

4. Kmann

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Due to my age and waiting so long to make this decision, it's very hard for me to take it at a slow pace. I'm thinking it would be best finding a local support group so I can meet others to get some guidance. Then I suppose I will find a therapist to confirm my feelings followed by meeting with an Endo to pursue HRT. I realize there is much more than clothing and accessories to fully transition. I guess for me it's the way I feel I want to start. I have considered possibly starting electrolysis for my facial hair but will wait to see what is needed for body hair after being on HRT for some time. Do you think this is a good way to start off? I appreciate the advice.

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've noticed that your location is Cleveland, ohio. I know some resources in that area if you are intrested. I go to school in northeast Ohio. If you want, I can get those to you, just send me a PM :slight_smile: