1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender stuff?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Leo1, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Leo1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    so I feel confused about something
    I feel like I am kind of genderfluid or more like a mix I think but I was born male and I feel really insecure about my more masculine features and some more of my feminine features I really like
    I hate my voice because it's a dark guys voice but about the actual body part that makes me technically male I feel kinda okay with it?
    so I feel unsure about what that means
    I just want to know if anyone can tell me something
    sorry if this was an unclear thread or stupid but I don't really have anyone to talk to about it :confused:

2. Athexant

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Firstly, this thread isn't in any way stupid. A lot of people question their gender at some point in their lives, and you need some help. That's perfectly okay.

There's gender dysphoria, and there's also genitalia dysphoria. A lot of genderqueer people experience some form of one or the other. Some people experience both to a very large extent, and others may feel barely dysphoric about their bodies or their identities. You don't seem to have a lot of genitalia dysphoria which is completely okay. You don't have to have a particular type of dysphoria to be genderfluid or trans or any other gender identity.

If you identify as genderfluid, there's a possibility that you could just be going through one of those transitioning phases? Or maybe your gender shifted a bit? That's completely common with genderfluidity, and there is not set time for you to feel one way or another.

Is this insecurity over your masculine features more recent or has is been there for a long time?

3. Leo1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    well I always feel insecure about my more masculine features really it's just sometime its not that much at all
    I have had it for a while not all my life it's just since I started feeling more insecure about myself in general and started thinking more about who I am and who I want to be