1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coping/Valdiation with being misgendered?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by TinyBee, Jan 14, 2016.

1. TinyBee

God, today (yesterday? It's after midnight, ha..) was my birthday. Awful day for gendered temrs and wrong pronouns. I got an insane amount of "Happy birthday young lady!" "Our beautiful daughter" and so on and so fourth.

How do you cope with a long day of being misgendered? How do you validate yourself afterwards?

2. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I used to talk to myself out loud with the right name/pronouns. It's especially effective if you talk in a gendered language.

Otherwise, the internet, if you put male as your gender, will help you feel validated again.

If you have any friends/family who knows about it, then ask them to refer to you with the right name and pronouns. This helps a lot, too.

I'm sorry that you had to go through that. Birthdays should be fun, but we all know how it is... Still, Happy Birthday :slight_smile: