1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being a teenager in regards to gender identity.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by The Nurgend, Jan 15, 2016.

1. The Nurgend

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hi.

I haven't posted since November, but for the three or so of you who remember me, hi. I'm back, and yes, I tend to be sporadic.

I wouldn't say I'm exactly struggling with the whole identity thing--I'm lucky enough to have a family who I have no reason to believe would turn my back on me whatever I did, but here's the hitch, it's a biggie, and I'm not sure if there's a real answer.

I feel like my self-diagnosed gender identity changes about every two weeks. It's a little more than genderfluidity, I think. It's more like one day I think "huh, i guess i'm androgynous and then a few days later I'll be like "wait no maybe i'm gender-fluid" and then, most recently "say, what if i identify as female, only with a penis? is that even possible?"

Like, I know, or think I know, that nothing's impossible, but the more I think about myself, the more often my understanding of my identity changes, and the weirder it gets.

And now here is where I come to the title of the post.

My parents' guess on this subject is that this is happening simply because I'm a teenager and this period of time in my life is very much to do with the exploring of one's self. And on the one hand, yeah, that makes sense, but on the other hand...I'm not sure if it explains the speed at which I feel I have to switch labels.

I would like to hear thoughts on this from people who feel they have something--anything--to offer.

Peace, love, and bellybutton lint,

the Nurgend

2. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd recommend not thinking of it as a feeling. I figured mine out by thinking of how I'md want to be biologically and socially, and that's probably the most straigtforward way of thinking about it.