1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why does everything take so much timeeeee?!?!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by The 0156, Jan 15, 2016.

1. The 0156

Out Status:
    A few people
    Ok so I've been transitioning (MtF) for a while now but everything takes so much timmmmmmeeee! I'm really just looking from transitioning tips:help: so anything would be helpful really! I'm kinda having a bad week and I just wanted to end it on a positive note.
    Tank you :roflmao:!

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some people have better luck and resources than others. Some people are able to access therapist, hormones, and other transition related materials without much trouble. Some need to jump through hoops to even be taken seriously. It's a big old pain in the ass. I think one of my mutual friends said they're on a year or two waiting list to be seen by an endocrinologist, and some are on similar wait lists to see a surgeon.

I know I got lucky to have an amazing therapist to hook me up with one of the best clinics in the state, and my barely decent insurance covers my hormones. The only thing that bites for me is that I'm broke as hell and barely able to keep my head above the water, so it will be years until I can realistically think about surgery (let alone getting my name or gender marker changed). It's really just a shuffle of the cards if you ask me.

Plus, many recommend that you talk to a gender therapist first and to do lots of research on the subject of transitioning before you make any drastic decisions; since some people go into things without being fully educated on the matter. You'll get there, I know it. Things just take time. I know for me, it took me four years of suicidal ideation, three hospitalizations, and two awful therapists until I was able to get to this point. It feels like forever, but time flies when you make the first step.