1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First binder

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by spoulding, Jan 16, 2016.

1. spoulding

So, I've just bought my first binder. It was on a online shop, so it's going to take a while to get here. I really don't know what to expect. I've always felt uncomfortable with my chest and feminine body. I know I'll like it, but I'm afraid I'll like it too much.

My parents are okay with my sexuality, but I don't know how they would take the trans thing. I don't identify as a man, but being neutral in a feminine form is still painful.

Has anyone been in this situation? If so, what can I do and how can I talk to them about it?

2. Yasha of XMETAS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have yet to buy any binders since I am going to discuss it with my dad and step mom who's willing to help me with this kind of thing which is great. I want to bind my chest every time I have to go out because I don't want to be seen as girl, because it makes me feel uncomfortable. I don't think you have to fully identify as a male to be trans, but if you are uncomfortable being seen as feminine then just looking like a man is perfectly fine too. Do what you feel is comfortable.

Also, if you're going to bind there are something to consider. One is the obvious health risks. My cousin told me how he'd pass out for wearing the chest binders for too long. So, depending on your body I think that an hour is about the limit that you could wear it. If it starts getting hard to breath, or hurts, then please do not keep wearing it for that day then. I am not an expert on this as I have yet to have my own binders but I just want to offer advice and support. :slight_smile:

3. spoulding

I don't go out much, so wearing it for too long won't be a problem. Actually, my breasts are not that big. And I bought one just to see how it would feel. I think the main problem is being open about it with my parents. Anyway, thank you so much for your reply :slight_smile:

4. Yasha of XMETAS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're welcome ^^ And at first I was freaked to tell my parents. But, though it was difficult I am glad I told them. And if they're open to your sexuality, then they might just be more open to this as well. I'm not saying go out right this second to tell them, just tell them when you feel is the right time. :slight_smile: