1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is This A Form Of Gender Issues?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Contact1111, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Okay, basically I think in some ways I'm mentally like a guy and a girl in the same body. I look at and check out girls the same way you'd expect a guy like myself to. Then, I also like guys, and it's kind of like a girl would think about a guy. Plus, sometimes I feel more masculine and other times I feel more feminine. It's hard to explain, but I think it's like I literally have the mind of both. Like I'm two people in one almost. I don't "wish I were a girl" or anything. I just feel like I have the mind of both, which is why I am attracted to both.

2. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sounds literally average hun. Hahaha not to offend

3. GenderSciFi

That wasn't offensive, but maybe a little rash? Obviously for the OP it's not such an average issue, or they wouldn't be posting. Feeling like this can be really confusing. And I wouldn't say feeling like a boy and a girl in one body isn't super common.

... So you also feel more masculine or feminine in situations where it's not about your attractions to other people? Because that might point to it being not just a sexual orientation, but also a gender identity thing. The two can get kind of mixed up in your head, though, in my experience.
    People who feel both male and female, either at the same time or in a kind of oscillating curve, have been calling themselves bigender, genderfluid and many more.
    If you want to find out more about this, you could check out some identities that encompass male as well as female. You can find some explained here:
    GENDERQUEER AND NON-BINARY IDENTITIES - Genderqueer and Non-Binary Identities & Terminology
    or here: http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81-FEauK9II
    If you don't feel like you need to change something about yourself to express your gender differently, that's cool, too.

Maybe you should think a bit more about saying you're both because you're attracted to both. That's not at all a logical automatism. A lot of people are fully (trans or cis) male and like men, same with (trans or cis) women. And then there's nonbinary folks, so yeah...

Good luck,
    GenderSciFi

4. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It was an I apologize. I didn't mean to trivialize anything. It sounds like a literal mathematical average. My nerd brain took over.

GenderSciFi sums this up pretty well. You could be assuming your thoughts, being a mixture of both genders, can be a gender issue, but because it is a sexually charged thought it could simply be a form of bisexual expression rather than an expression of being bigender.
    Honestly, I see women sexually like women see men and vice versa. I look at people how they may prefer to view themselves usually or rather my perception of how they want to be viewed.
    This is not necessarily, in my case indicative of my gender, but rather my personality. If you feel like you express this pattern in other ways throughout your life/day then I would love to understand right along with you. But it's possible that you are just attracted to two different genders in two different ways. You can assign the same logic to seeing different body or personality types of a single gender in different ways based on how you feel about that person.
    I say all this because to me I see my sexual it as pandexual. It is not gender oriented at all. However some other people experience a very distinct change in thinking when it comes to viewing different genders. For instance you could be homoromantic and bisexual or bigender and heterossxual. Or bi romantic and cis gender and bisexual. It's not necessarily a gender issue but if it leaks into other aspects of your self perception it very well may be. But there are lots of different things that often go into being transgender and you may look into those other aources of dysphoria or gender euphoria to help you personally discover if it is "a form of gender issues" for you or not.

But the thing that I heard once was that if you are questioning it there is always a possibility you could be trans. So dontd be afraid. You're you, whatever label you discover. You don't need to even worry about labeling it if you feel comfortable how you are