1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

top sergery (ftm) in Germany?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by alias, Jan 17, 2016.

1. alias

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hey guys ,
    I'm in Hamburg and I was wondering if someone can give me resources or some information where in Germany I can have top sergery,how much does it cost ? I already heared for Dr.Schaff ,but I'm still getting information .Has anyone have good expiriences with Dr.Schaff's clinic in Munich?

2. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Top surgery is quite expensive in germany, and it's not easy to get it covered (most of transgenders I know, men and women, were denied surgery).
    Transition is a long process here (we are talking years), and you need at least two medical opinions, plus a couple of legal permissions, so you are allowed to even change your name. So even if you've got the money, they won't make it easier for you on the legal domain. It's quite bureaucreatic country, all is done through lots of paperwork, waiting times and hostile clerks... It works, you know, but it's not just go, fill some forms, wait a week and you are done... It's about years, going through many procedures, try to convince many people, have lots of money, lots of luck... Things are changing though.

You might want to check Poland or other countries for private surgery, or even the usa. There are some clinics there where you don't need even to be trans to have surgery. I think I even heard of a bulgarian doctor, if I remember the name or the page I saw him, I'll let you know. He did both surgeries, and the results looked quite good, but I have no idea about prices.

#2 Michael, Jan 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2016
  3. alias

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thank you for the answer! Yeah , I'm still saving money for the sergery, I know its gonna be a hard and really long process. Maybe i will go for private clinic . I'm gonna keep searching . Thank you again :slight_smile: