1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I am a guy who IDs as a guy but only feels comfortable looking like a girl

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by phantomkind, Jan 17, 2016.

1. phantomkind

I am biologically a guy and I mostly identify as a guy (maybe genderqueer but I don’t think most people can really comprehend it so I don’t bother because I don’t really mind). The thing is I don’t like to look to much like a guy. I saw potential for a more feminine look (too much anime I think) and decided to act on it. With a few tweaks to my appearance I believe I have successfully developed the androgynous look I was going for. I think the only real deal breakers now are my lack of cleavage, height 6,0, low voice, a few subtle male traits, and masculine some mannerisms. These days I have had a few people misgender me as female and I can notice the confused looks and actions of the lot who just can’t really figure it. Despite my androgynous mostly fem appearance I am mostly masculine (or neutral I like to think) in my mannerisms. I think this presentation makes most people very uncomfortable. I don’t really see myself as the type to seek approval but the discomfort my gender presentation causes has made me feel a bit out of place lately. Is this really weird? Is there anyone else here who can relate to this?

#1 phantomkind, Jan 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  2. TobaccoFlower

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get it. When I present androgynously I feel kinda awkward when people gender me in different ways. It makes me scared that someone is upset with me. I'm not sure why but I get really nervous

3. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's fine, there are a lot of guys who like to look more feminine, or even like a girl. Just think of Choi Minki.