1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going female in public again

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by DRex, Jan 17, 2016.

1. DRex

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Some of you may remember how I've been experimenting with being female in public and how after the initial thrill of the first time I wound up becoming uncomfortable and disappointed, and wondering whether to just give up on it. Well, I decided to try again at an LGBT gamers event yesterday, not really expecting much. Turns out I was really pleasantly surprised and I had a lot of fun.

Okay, most of the people there were guys, with only about 10 girls. I was actually one of five trans girls there, but meeting others was worth it. Made some new friends as a result, got involved in a Super Smash Bros tournament (didn't make it past the first round, but had fun), and played Cards Against Humanity and Uno afterward. Really, I think being out around others and just letting myself slip naturally into the role is the way to do it. I'm feeling a lot more confident about myself now. I'm still undecided on where I fit in with regards to gender, but I'm convinced I should keep experimenting and not give up.

I also exchanged contact info with a couple of girls who transitioned five years ago, and we might up a shopping trip together (I have very few girl clothes and having some help with that would be nice).

Oh, also there's another step I'm thinking of taking. Amazing Arizona Con is coming up next month and I'm deciding on possible characters to cosplay. I think I might try cosplaying as Rey from The Force Awakens this time if I can get some help with making the costume.

#1 DRex, Jan 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  2. oh my god I

That's awesome that you had a positive experience!! :slight_smile: