1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ftm clothing

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by FoxEars, Jan 20, 2016.

1. FoxEars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Though this is the least of my worries, I'd like to ask if anyone knows good (cheap) small male clothing brands. I'm a bit too small for men's clothes (xxs is rare in my local shops) but the boy's section is also too small and too childish. Any advice on this?

2. iamaunicorn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've found that H&M has pretty cheap men's clothes and the xs seems to fit pretty well. I'm only 5 feet tall, so I know the struggle of being too small for men's clothes.

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes you can have some luck finding smaller men's clothing at thrift stores, since not many men wear that size.

4. FoxEars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ah, thanks guys. I don't think that there's a thrift store in town but I'll check out H&M

5. FoxEars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've just checked out the H&M website, turns out your idea of cheap seems to be my idea of way too expensive....way way too expensive

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Burlington might have smaller sizes as well.

7. FoxEars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Unfortunately there's no Burlington near me...I'll just traipse around town till my legs fall off XD

8. ThatOneAlien

I get a lot of my clothes from Hot Topic. It might be too emo for some people's tastes but they do fit well xP

9. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No idea about sizes but Primark (Penney's in Ireland) is cheap. The standard response to buying something new around here is "Penney's €2". The clothes are pretty good for the price too. If I buy clothes that aren't from a charity shop I buy them from Penney's.

10. FoxEars

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I usually look around Primark, but I don't think that they do anything in my size....

11. Riz

Riz

I was going to suggest New Yorker which is the only store I've ever found that carry men's clothing that fit me. (their xs fit like xxs). But I checked where they have stores which is all over europe.. But not in the uk XD I'm sorry.

12. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I wouldn't try the trousers they sell there unless I feel like having an attack of acute dysphoria...
    ... Or a rage attack when the clothes fall apart in two months, looking as if they went through many wars.
    If you feel like wearing rags, enduring long queues and having the worst shopping experience, go for it...

Hot Topic is just a bunch of trash, perhaps a bit better than the mentioned shop, but trash. If you go for emo fashion, you'll have to face skinny jeans, which are nothing but medieval torture devices, and will make your hips look so huge, you'll see yourself on the mirror and will want to kill yourself... Never try skinny jeans, never... They are just made for annoying trans, and provoke anorexia on cis girls... (Well, they are medieval torture devices, so they were made to annoy everyone...)

H&M is quite good, if you can stand all that comes with what some call fast fashion.

There is nothing like DYI your clothes (or knowing a good and affordable tailor), 2nd hand shops or shopping online, in that order.

#12 Michael, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2016
  13. Yasha of XMETAS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I found some pants that fit around my waist well enough at a Walmart once, like the size says its 30x30. And I'm like 5'3 or 5'4. If you can find someone who knows how to sow to get them trimmed if they're too long, or even smaller is a possibility too. I think thrift stores are a good place to start to find some decent stuff and have it be relatively cheap. But if you come across a pair of pants that are too big around, then maybe belts could help out? I use them when needed. And if they're too long then I either just cut them off at the ends myself (then again I give no craps about it looking like that as long as it fits me) or you could find someone to adjust them. There are some options out there I'm sure, I am also on a quest to find more male clothes and discard my female ones to donations asap. :slight_smile:

14. spoulding

My solution for a more androgynous look - I know that's not the case but still - is wearing jeans that are a size bigger. Female jeans, boyfriend style. It fits okay because it's designed for female measures and it's doesn't look feminine at all because it's loose and doesn't mark the hips or the thighs. Probably not what you were looking for, but I think it's easier to find these jeans than small male trousers.

15. Jiramanau

Out Status:
    Some people
    Get on Amazon. Or check the website of large retailers. Most stores don't carry the smallest/largest size available. Get a cloth tape measure, learn to measure yourself properly and only buy brands that publish a size chart. Depending on your figure the style/cut, buy pants/jeans size based on your hip measurement or 1-2 sizes smaller. Lose clothes can hide curves and add bulk to a small frame but over doing it will make you look like a scarecrow so find a balance that makes you look good.

16. sea

sea

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    urban outfitters is okay too.