1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Afraid of repercussions when coming out...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by djembedani, Jan 20, 2016.

1. djembedani

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Recently I've been toying with the idea of coming out to my girlfriend's family. I identify as a transwoman and have the full support of her, but when the broad topic of LGBT issues and the like is brought up, I get weird feelings from them and I'm not sure what their reaction will be. They have been kind enough to take me in since my family has evicted me from my former residence. Her Step-father is a very conservative man and tends to take on strict conservative ideology and is very vocal on "liberal brainwashing" I'm just very scared and if anyone has any advice or similar stories that have turned out positive, I'd very much appreciate anything you can say.

2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly, it might not be in your best interest to come out, frustrating as that may be. :frowning2:

You say you were evicted from your house and are staying there- it probably wouldn't be a good idea to risk having no place to stay by coming out. The stepdad seems like your average bigoted conservative, and probably doesn't like regular trans people, let alone his daughter. I wish I could say something more positive.

Maybe someone who's been in this position can shine a little light?

Good luck, keep us updated. (*hug*)