1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ftm Help?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by TwinSkeletons, Jan 21, 2016.

1. TwinSkeletons

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How do I know that this isn't, for me, just a phase? I've felt like a boy most of my life, but I never really learned about what being transgender was until about a year ago. I feel that my parents wouldn't take it very well, or at least my mom wouldn't. I asked her hypothetically a little while ago "What if I wanted to be a boy?" and she just shook her head no. Coming out or just telling her anything scares me. Any advice on coming out would be appreciated. :slight_smile:

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you have felt like a boy most of your life, then it is pretty unlikely that this is a phase. You can always keep an eye on your feeling as see if they evolve over time. Sometimes, as you become more comfortable with yourself, your feelings can change a bit. I became more comfortable with my femininity over time. As for coming out, I would wait until you are in a situation where you are able to support yourself, since it sounds like your parents would not be accepting of you transitioning.