My gender?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Kirua, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Kirua

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah, well. This is probably something I should rely on myself for, and I am. But I'm curious and am very, very self-conscious of the possibility that I could appear/be offensive by prematurely labelling myself without really giving it any proper consideration.

I'm not necessarily deciding to identify as one particular thing and neglecting to question or agree to it or anything, but rather I'm worried that I am calling myself by labels that I'm still questioning too early and if that makes me impolite.

Well, er, sorry for being bad at getting to the point. I'm not so sure I have a point, but I'll try to send out the message I kind of have an idea of.

Basically, I was curious to know what I sound like--
    am I bi-gender, a demi-girl or demi-boy? Am I simply a questioning cis-gender?

Er, let's see how well I can express this. I don't think I've ever felt odd or abnormal about my body or sex in earlier years. Even recently, I don't think I feel any particularly strong gender dysphoria. But, as of late, I've been thinking of myself as a boy. Not a complete boy, and I'm still a girl. It's kind of difficult to reach a conclusion when I know that pronouns -- though meaning as much as they do to each individual, depending -- don't amount to much when trying to define your gender identity. That being said, I would like to note that I prefer masculine pronouns over feminine ones and am also happy to be called by gender-neutral pronouns (I mostly don't care, though).

I think I lean towards being male, but I have no idea where that came from and it could very easily not be true. There's a chance I lie to myself a lot, and it's easy to say things without meaning them. I did recently go shopping for boys clothes, as I'd never done so before, and (not that I've been outside since, haha, the shopping trip was traumatic enough) I feel extremely happy and comfortable in them (comfortable being more mentally than actual, physical comfort... although boys clothes are pretty comfy). I still appreciate and enjoy wearing girlier clothing, however.

There is also me preferring to rid myself of my breast, which I'm not actually planning on doing. I'd just rather they were, if not gone, a little bit smaller and unnoticeable! (Damn DD's). I do, occasionally, dream of myself as a male, other times being female. Fortunately, mum has happily agreed to buy me a chest binder in a couple of days, which I'll hopefully be able to appreciate (as in, I hope I actually wear and enjoy the binder).

Lately, most accounts I have made online have been ticked off as male (or 'other', if given the option). Does this matter? Ahh! It's hard to tell what's important and what's not!

I'm honestly not sure where this is going or if it helps with anything, so I guess this can be looked upon as more of a rant than a question in need of an answer. Aha, sorry if I took up your time. It's just easy to share and express how I feel here. ^_^;

2. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One thing that helped me to to figure out my identity was thinking about how I saw myself in a few years. I realized because of this that I saw myself as being more masculine in the future. I never saw myself being feminine. This may be harder to do for a non-binary identity though.