1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Natasha Elyssa, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Natasha Elyssa

When I go to college, I want to go far away from my home. I want to express myself freely. I want to walk into class everyday wearing girl's clothes and be called Natasha, OR Nattie (which is my preferred nickname). I want to transition and live entirely as a female. I have no desire to see my family after I leave, and I want to start my own life. I want to work and go to school, pay my own bills, eventually have my own place, maybe try my luck with dating, make new friends, meet new people, go off and explore/ travel a lot, all that stuff. I want to be independent, and live as who I am instead of what anybody else wants me to be. I want to choose my path, make my own decisions, live freely. What are some thoughts on this?

P.s. It's snowing!!! ^-^

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    These are all goals that most people has. The only difference is that most people will go back their family, so you in not doing so might mean you need to work more to fill the gap that parents pay. Of course, I'm from UK and our average age for leaving parent's house is now around 27, so it might be different for USA. It might be difficult at times, but if you have really good friends you can all support each other. [or maybe I just live in an idealistic world of FRIENDS tv]. The most easiest one will probably be getting people to call you Natasha/Nattie, as I assume universities will have a getting-to-know session so you can introduce yourself there.

3. BriSoft

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it is wonderful and ambitious in today's world. Keep in mind that the school is going to deal with you in terms of your legal name. So I would suggest you either change it before or after you are done so that things do not get messed up. College is a wonderful time to explore new things and I would think a great time to make this change.

Bri

4. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sounds great! The only thing I'd be worried about is paying bills for college and living independently in general, so maybe you could live with friends or something like that.
    You've got this, girl! :thumbsup:

5. Natasha Elyssa

Thanks everybody! ^-^ When I go to college my parents will be paying the tuition, so that should help. I want to get a job soon so I can save money for transition. :slight_smile: <3

6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would be sure to try to choose a school that is transgender friendly. Otherwise, you could run into some issues. Also, it may be hard to hide your transition from your parents while you are in college. Do you think that if they found out they would stop paying for your schooling? If so, I would have a backup plan in place just in case things do go wrong.

7. Natasha Elyssa

My mom knows of my plans. She doesn't approve nor want me to act on them, but I told her that she can't stop me. She also really wants me to go to college, so she wouldn't stop paying tuition. It's my dad I have to worry about, however me and my mom agreed to hide it from him. There's family drama as well, not related to me being trans, and my mom and dad have both acknowledged that both me and my sister will be leaving home and going our separate ways. I honestly doubt that they will even try to stop us. Plus, they practically value education over life. I do have some back-up ideas, but not set plans. Every school I've looked into, and am considering, are liberal and LGBT friendly. Unfortunately I can't find a school with transition assistance and stuff that has film, which is what I want to go to school for. Plus, a lot of good schools require grades that I don't have and almost perfect SAT/ACT scores. But, no matter where I go, I'll make sure that they have good policies. :slight_smile: <3