1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Interesting thing.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Natasha Elyssa, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Natasha Elyssa

So, last night I showed my mom a Lego set she bought me for my birthday last year that I built Saturday night during the snowstorm, and when I showed her the female character she said "That could be you. She's got a ponytail and everything." She laughed and walked away, but that kind of hit me like a Mack truck.This was weird and interesting. I don't know what to think. Thoughts? :/

2. Jellal

A rare moment of acknowledgement can go a long way.

Hell, I catch myself saying "aw" out loud when I'm alone, remembering the people who called me "she" instead of "he."

3. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I almost ran a guy over with a shopping cart at the dollar store and he said, "woah, watch out there bud!" And I couldn't wipe the smile off my face the rest of the morning. Warms my little heart. :grin:

4. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have a similar story. I got a new haircut the other day and it's really short again. When my mom saw it she said something like "well, you need your hair short because you're a guy"... she just plain said it, like stating a fact, there was no hint of negativity or joking in it. It surprised me so I said nothing, you know, and I still don't know what to think about it. My coming out to my parents was rather a disaster so it's nice to know my mom paid some attention to what I was saying after all. :icon_bigg