1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Social Transition

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by H20, Jan 25, 2016.

1. H20

H20

Any advice or tips for social transitioning?

I have an advantage since I'm going to be going to a new school soon, but at the same time I feel like it makes it more difficult because I'll be new and no one knows me.

Then I also have to find a job. I want to be out as a bisexual transgender male, but my job options are limited since I'm still in school and even though I'm going to an nontraditional school that'll allow me to work more hours than most teens I'm concerned about not being hired because I am trans or that if I do, I might suffer transphobia/homophobia. So I don't know what to do there.

Which also creates the problem of passing. If I'm not out I can't try to pass I feel but if I am out and do pass, it'll cause problems because I legally have to put down I'm female. :dry: Advice?

2. eden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i would check if your city has a human rights ordinance. your state is a right-to-work state so you can get fired from a job for almost any reason. a gay friend i once knew was fired from his job in florida for being gay (not too many years ago) and he had to move to south florida until he could find another job from the city he originated in.

if you want to talk more about this, PM me.