1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girlfriend gender identity issues

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Ataecina, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Ataecina

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hello everyone,

I need to find a way to help my girlfriend. We've been dating for a little over a year now, we're both teenagers and for as long as I remember, she has been struggling with her gender identity. She tells me that most of the time, she feels uncomfortable with the fact that she is a girl and that she'd feel better about herself if she had a penis, she describes the way she feels as if she wishes she had a switch, to switch from being a male and a female from time to time, but she does not think of herself as a transgender and nor does she wish to have a sex change.

I figured I should look up for some sort of information and I learned about bigender people but no solid help on the situation, and I understand why since there's no way to be able to switch your genital organs from time to time. I would really like to help her feel better about herself, and even if the solution for her is physically impossible, I would like to at least leave her with some advices or tips from people who went or still go through the same situation and what they did or still do to cope with it.

Thank you and I apologize if some of what I say has any typos or if my grammar is a bit off, english isn't my native language.

2. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Has she considered a packer?

If you or her are able to buy online, FtM Essentials is a good site to buy that kind of stuff. They're also really discreet when it comes to shipping.

FAQ; FtM Essentials

If you or her can't buy online, you can also search DIY packers if that's what she's interested in using.

Good luck.

3. Ataecina

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Firstly, thank you so much for replying and for being so nice.

We had no idea of what a packer was until now, so thank you for informing us as well, but unfortunately what she'd really like to have is a real one, but I'm aware of the fact that it is physically impossible.

If it helps somehow, autoandrophilia seems to be what fits the way she feels better, even though that definition is only towards some sort of sexual kink and the way she feels is not just that, but also related to her gender.

I understand that this might be a complicated subject to help with, but any sort of tips to cope with it would be very appreciated.

4. Mr Spock

There are STP (Stand to Pee) Devices made that can be used for sex as well.

Another option is surgery, but this should be researched carefully because it hasn't really been perfected yet.

If your significant other is experiencing any other, more easily solved symptoms I would work on those instead. For example, they may find that they are more comfortable with masculine-affiliated items like hygiene products, clothes and shoes.

Hopefully over time their dysphoria will ease up or move to another area.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

5. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mr Spock has some good points, and I think STP devices wouldn't be too bad if she doesn't want surgery. You can even find 3-in-1 devices (pack, play & pee) from Peecock Products.
    Or Transthetics also has some well made devices though they're pretty expensive ($300-$400 USD), but from the reviews they seem to be very good.