1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beards?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by JackIsANerd, Jan 28, 2016.

1. JackIsANerd

So I really really want a beard in the future but im scared that me being FtM I wont be able too. Are most FtMs able to grow facial hair once on T?

2. randomconnorcon

Depends on your genes, I think. Some guys can, some guys can't. Doesn't matter if you're trans or cis. Look at your male family members, it might give you a hopeful idea. But even if you can, it still might take time.

3. JackIsANerd

I know my Father can grow a full beard and my uncle currently has one. I really hope I can grow my own :tears:

4. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ha, you're not the only one! (Though I don't want a huge lumberjack beard, just some nice little facial hair) I hope we'll both get that on T, I know my dad has to shave frequently.

5. JackIsANerd

I hope we both can one day live our dreams of having a beard! :grin:

6. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I read recently that as strange as it might sound, beards actually come genetically from your mother's side of the family. So the surest way to tell would be to look at your maternal grandfather rather than father.

7. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is actually what I heard about hair loss too.

8. AaronV

If it's any help I started T like three months ago and my sideburns have started to grow in and I've got some stubble on my chin. It's a verrrrrry slow process though and I was already quite hairy to begin with. Like somebody else already said, it all comes down to your genes. Just look up some trans YouTubers, some grow facial hair after only a few months, others take years and some will never be able to grow a full beard (just like cis guys really).

There's also this stuff called Minoxidil. It's a sort of lotion that you apply on your beard area to help the hair grow. It was originally created to help cis guys with hair loss but apparently it's quite helpful for transguys as well. Though I'd only use it if I'd been on T for years without any facial hair growing at all. I just thought I'd mention it.

Well, I sure hope this is true. My mom's father had full hair until he died and was able to grow a full beard in mere days. My dad? Eh, not so much. I already look like my grandfather though, so maybe that's a good sign. :grin:

#8 AaronV, Jan 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
  9. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well then I'm set. Every afab in my family actually has to shave daily.

10. JackIsANerd

Oh wow never knew that! I think ill be able to grow atleast a tiny one! Most of the men on my moms side have beards and head hair still. :grin:

11. ImSleepwalking

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been on T two and a half months and have started growing hair on my chin to a point where it's almost distinguishable in pics. I've seen some guys with full beards so possible if you come from a hairy family.