1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In Need Of Encouragement

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by H20, Jan 28, 2016.

1. H20

H20

Been in a depressive slump the last few days and can't seem to get out of it. While I know I have to be patient, there seems to be so many doubts, fears, and what if questions, and a lot of little things that come with social transitioning and finding support that have been upsetting me. It feels like this is just too much to handle, yet I know it's probably just fear and stress getting to me, but I need encouragement to continue with this decision. I know it's the most important decision of my life and ultimately not transitioning at all or putting it off is probably not an option for me because prior to acknowledging my true identity I was not at all in a good state of mind. I was completely miserable and while I'm not entirely happy yet, I'm happier than I've been in a while. But I don't know how to get through the fears and hurdles right now until I can find local physical help. :help:

2. BriSoft

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    H2O - I think this is a normal human reaction to any life changing event. I recently went through this and I am much older than you are. I finally came to the conclusion that I could not get the correct neutral perspective from within myself. I chose to go to a therapist to see how much of my worry was normal and rational. It helped a great deal. If you do not feel comfortable doing this it might benefit you to talk to someone who you can trust. A pastor or priest, school counselor, or experienced transgender advocate. Someone with some training in how to help folks in a psychological context.

Good luck - Bri

3. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    change is scary, even change we need to do. i take some courage from the phrases in my sig line.

4. H20

H20

Thanks Bri and looking for me (BTW I love your username). I'm feeling better now, at least a lot more than I have been the last few days, and very much appreciate your advice. (*hug*)