1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last day as longhaired!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by misplacedaegyo, Jan 28, 2016.

1. misplacedaegyo

Today I'm finally (FINALLY) getting my hair cut short, and I'm just so extremely excited I can't even contain myself. I've wanted this since I was 11 lol. I've gotten my hair cut shoulder length several times because my mom wouldn't let me go any shorter, but now it's finally time. It's gonna be such a milestone.

What are any good "gender-related" things you are looking forward to?

Your boy Johan (&&&)

2. Kira

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nobody's said it yet, so congrats!~

I don't really have anything to look forward to anytime soon, but every little bit of progress is another step towards the goal I suppose.

3. JackIsANerd

Congrats I bet its going to look great! :grin: Nothing gender related happening anytime soon sadly since I am too scared to come out, but in the next few years my goal is to start my transition(basically be on T and looking into top surgery). :thumbsup:

4. DRex

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh, if I transition I know I've always wanted breasts; that's definitely what I'll be looking forward to the most. I already like wearing fake ones; the look and feel of having my chest filled out makes me happy. Having real ones will probably make me really happy.

Also, regarding hair, if I transition to the point where I can look feminine without having to make my hair look girly, I'm probably going with a shorter girls' hairstyle. I've always maintained girls look better with shorter hair; it's much cuter in my opinion.

I don't know if I'd transition though; my identity is really uncertain at this point.

#4 DRex, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
  5. oh my god I

Yay, gl! :slight_smile:

#5 oh my god I, Jan 29, 2016
  6. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations! I'm so happy for you.

Well I'll chip in some positivity too then- some good gender-related things I'm looking forward to relate to me moving away from where I am now in a few months. When that happens I'll have a lot more freedom in my new place to finally buy a binder, and have a better haircut (my hair is short-ish now but I want it in a different style - a far more distinctively masculine one - that my parents absolutely refuse at the moment).

Cheers and hope the haircut goes well!

7. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awesome, good luck! My advice is if you can (and your parents won't be mad) expressly ask for a male haircut. No matter how masculine your selected hairstyle is, they will still find a way to make it look feminine if you don't specify haha. I know this from experience. Two days ago I got my hair trimmed up and they made the sideburns pointy, so my sister had to make them even. :rolle:

8. misplacedaegyo

I'm gonna show her a pic of a (quite feminine, because that's what I want) male hairstyle, but I'll tell her to not make it any more feminine than that. My mom is fine with that too. And thanks for your advice! :3

9. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats!!

Gender related? there may be a chance, just a chance of a treatment to get some or maybe all of my hair back (fingers crossed) the reason i call that gender related is that i can grow it out then and be able to style it in a femine manner when im presenting as female, have to use wigs now.

#9 looking for me, Jan 29, 2016
  10. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Congratulations! :slight_smile:

I still remember how excited I was the first time I had my hair short :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: It was so liberating! Now, I keep it shoulder length because I think it looks better on me. Still, I hope you'll enjoy your short hair! It's much easier to care for!

11. YinYang

Congrats! I'm actually getting my hair cut one of these days. My friend's doing it for me and she's agender too (don't worry, she's fine with female pronouns), so I know she'll make it look like I want.

#11 YinYang, Jan 29, 2016
  12. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hope you'll be satisfied!

I'm looking into getting a bra and maybe pads/whatever. That would be nice, I think. Maybe. I'll see.