1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alone on an island

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by paris, Jan 30, 2016.

1. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know what does it say about my gender identity but I was thinking that I'd be probably fine if I was alone on an island. I'm an AFAB and yes I waaant a male body but on the other hand I don't have much connection to my breasts and I can view my body more muscular and overall masculine than it really is. And because I know who I am I wouldn't need to prove it to myself. There'd be no one to call me female, madam, or lady and I could walk shirtless without people staring and thinking it's inappropriate, etc. Yay, I'd love that!
    And now back to earth. :dry:

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Aww :frowning2: I understand you. The thought of that isn't too bad. Or well, actually it is for me. But still, it would be cool not to have the eyes of society on me. :/

3. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I definitely relate to the feeling of seeing your body as more masculine than it is. My brain is pretty good at skewing what it actually sees in order to see my body the way it wants to, so I see myself as a guy even though I don't pass. What gives me dysphoria is stuff like my chest when I'm not binding, because my brain can't ignore it and it doesn't line up with what my brain wants to see. So, in terms of what it says about your gender identity, I don't think it calls anything into question. You'd still pretty much wanna be a guy on a desert island, it's just that you wouldn't necessarily need to change your body because it's close enough to what you want for you to be able to see it that way.

It'd definitely be awesome to be able to walk around shirtless all the time with no one there to misgender you (or tell you to put a shirt on). It'd be pretty lovely :slight_smile: