1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Voice deepening help! Need help ASAP!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by boatlanding, Jan 31, 2016.

1. boatlanding

boatlanding Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just cant stand it anymore
    my sister always calls people online, people I know, and she always asks me to say hi or I have to watch myself so I don't say something to them, because my voice is really high pitched...I sound exactly like a girl. I don't want people to know I am transgender--but my sister probably tells them anyway. At the very least, my voice troubles me. I hate my voice, I want to sound like a man! I tried voice deepening things online but none of them helped me sound like a guy. I decided I need to convince my mom to let me take testosterone! Please, anyone tell me how I can convince her to let me! I cant take this anymore...it hurts so much to not be able to speak and people judging me because of my voice. I already told my sister about it but she wont just magically stop talking to her friends because of this. I need to get my voice lower. I need to sound like a man. How can I convince my mom to let me start taking testosterone? My dysphoria is killing me inside and making me suicidal. I need to convince my mom to let me take something to lower my voice.

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hello,

If you can't get your voice lower, there are men (such as Chris Colfner) who have high pitch voices, so you can tell people this.

You could always try lowering your voice using a musical instrument (I'd suggest a piano) to try and pitch the lower registers, do it gradually so it's not much of a strain. You might need a vocal coach for this.

You could get your mum to take you to the doctor, so there's an impartial decision about whether or not you get testosterone.

3. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd recommend learning how to sing, so you'll have more control over your voice. If you don't want to do that, it's really just practice. Say something in a low voice, then repeat it going lower. Repeat that. I count to 20 and back down.

Or you can practice with a piano, like Secrets5 said.

4. Anastaisa_Lynn_14

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    me personally, i sang all the time, and especialy to girls that are high pitched so my voice went from low to high, i suggest doing the opostite, find a song that you like, with someone that has a low voice and try to match that pitch. and just repeat