1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hiding Underwear From My Parents

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Lacybi, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay so I bought a pack of boxer shorts yesterday and I love them. The problem is that my parents are a bit meh about my gender and although I'm not going to hide the fact that I have boxers I'm not brave enough to do it now.
    In the meantime however I have the problem of washing the boxers. My mum does the washing and she knows that I hate doing washing so if I offer to do it - or just my own - she'll get suspicious and think I have something to hide. I saw a thread before about hand washing which I will probably do, however my problem is letting them dry. I share a bathroom with the rest of my family so where should I leave them to dry? The only thing I'm coming up with is inside my wardrobe but I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas? Washing OR drying would be greatly appreciated.

2. InfinityonHigh

Assuming you don't have to wash too many, try and wash it while you're in the shower and dry it using a hairdryer afterwards. Promptly hide it in your drawer where your parents wouldn't look after washing.

3. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've only got three so the shower would work but I don't own a hairdryer so that bit won't work. Thanks though!

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You could hang them on the end of the bed or on a window ledge to dry. Also, if you have a heating/cooling vent in your room, you could hang them over that.

5. Distant Echo

Note that hanging them up in your wardrobe won't allow for the drips...make sure you rinse them thoroughly too. Perhaps wash before your shower and hang them up in the bathroom to drain while you shower? A towel can help absorb excess moisture too. Wring them out well.
    Drying depends on what privacy you have....any chance of hanging them up behind your curtain in front of an open window?
    But overall, it would be easier if your parents knew about them...tell them you are wearing them as pyjama bottoms perhaps?

6. Distant Echo

Note that hanging them up in your wardrobe won't allow for the drips...make sure you rinse them thoroughly too. Perhaps wash before your shower and hang them up in the bathroom to drain while you shower? A towel can help absorb excess moisture too. Wring them out well.
    Drying depends on what privacy you have....any chance of hanging them up behind your curtain in front of an open window?
    But overall, it would be easier if your parents knew about them...tell them you are wearing them as pyjama bottoms perhaps?

7. Mr Spock

I threw mine out a few moths ago because I was worried my mom would find them, but when I had them I kept them in a drawer I normally used for storage and kept the dirty ones in a plastic bag next to the clean ones. Since I have a single mom I just washed and dryed when she was gone to work.

You can also lay flat to dry, and if you wash them in the shower after you wear them every day and rotate, that could work. :slight_smile: