1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hand Size Dysphoria

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Mr Spock, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Mr Spock

I was wondering if any of you guys feel the same way about hating having small hands. I feel like one day (hopefully) I'll be this great-looking, beautiful guy and then I'll go to take my significant other's hand and... it will be small. :frowning2:

Maybe I'm just being stupid. Anyways, tell me what you think! :slight_smile:

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel like that too about my hands. I'm mixed on being "eh" about them and hating them, referring to them as my "baby hands" on the okay days (a la Teen Titans Go!). I don't think it's stupid to feel that way.

3. thepandaboss

Yeah for me it's not so much the size (I've got the perfect finger length for typing) but it's the shape. Too smooth for me. I want some hairy knuckles.

4. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel my fingernails are to naturally girly. And I actually like have a thinner hand, but I wish my fingers were longer. I use to always say, as kid, that my fingers were to short. My mom said I was wrong and that I had piano fingers already. Turns out she was right, compared to girls my fingers are long, but to me they aren't as long as guys' so they aren't long enough.

5. eden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I envy you all. I have big hands and would love them to be smaller. I wish we could trade hands!

Side note: I don't even know what MTFs do about face stubble - I better hit TS road map. I don't think I want to transition but if I'm having a 'pink' day at uni, by late in the evening, I don't look so 'pink' anymore (strange because I didn't start shaving until in my 20s).

#5 eden, Feb 1, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2016
  6. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel the same way about my hands

---------- Post added 1st Feb 2016 at 07:06 AM ----------

Electrolysis?

7. eden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    tsroadmap offers several options.

i'll say, after going to there , i think i'm at the point where my spouse and all my friends know i'm a bit girly anyway and i like to wear girls' clothes and be genderfluid (although I wish I didn't have to shave, so maybe electrolysis is the way to go). i have good insurance but it wouldn't cover all the costs of a full transition even if i wanted to do that (and i don't right now).

two thoughts:

1) how do the people who are transitioning on EC afford it? goodness, i'm not poor but it seems like people talk about transitioning as if it's like paying for a tattoo.
    2) FTMs have it so much easier. my opinion, maybe it's fact. i dunno. it's that whole stigma about how tomboys are ok, the reverse is highly frowned upon.

8. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I feel the sdame in reverse. My hands are big (I'm tall) and they've got some veins on them and stuff... but well, they're not thick or hairy or anything, so that's good. Wish they were smaller.

---------- Post added 1st Feb 2016 at 04:36 PM ----------

I can't speak for people from the US. But well, for me, that's almost literally the case. Because there's a relatively enviable welfare system here. I am poor, but I don't actually have to pay much out of my own pocket.

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1) Some people are lucky and are able to get some or even all of their transition material covered; be it by their insurance provider, friends/family, crowdfunding or anything like that. Some people get the short end of the stick and aren't as fortunate. I've seen people be able to get everything (hormones all the way to GRS) covered within 2-5 years, which blows my mind since saving up for something like getting my name changed feels like it takes months.

2) FTMs do face plenty of stigmas as well; especially from extremely radical feminists (or TERFs) who tell transguys they're betraying femininity, are taking "their lesbianism" too far, and far too many [transguys] (especially minors) are routinely doxxed and outed on TERF blogs. I'm not saying trans women don't have it worse, because systemically they do, which is the fucked up part about society. In my eyes, trans guys generally have it easier if they're hyper masculine and pass as cis; which isn't the case for a lot of us.

10. arieltyler

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i'm a guy with relatively small hands as well. i'm not self conscious about them though, i think it's really nice when guys have small hands!!

11. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    2) In my opinion, trans women have it a little bit harder because testosterone does more than estrogen and they're more hypervisible, but trans men have it worse with surgery and are more likely to be abused and stuff.

12. misplacedaegyo

I experience this too! Both hand size and feet size dysphoria, actually, so no, I don't think it's weird. We're in this together!
    I know it doesn't really matter in the end, and that a lot of people find small hands cute or attractive, but when you (in my case) really want to be tall, have big hands and big feet it's just not really.. it. But yeah. it doesn't matter. We just have to learn that~

13. Kinky

Kinky Guest

Guy with small hands checking in.
    I quite like my hands, but I do want stronger hands for practicality.

14. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Been blessed with hands that are bigger than the average, for my size, and I used to feel great when my girlfriends shouted 'omg, your huge hands'. (Unfortunately, they weren't screaming 'omg, you are so tall' as well)
    And even if you can see my veins through the skin, and a couple of them do stick out sometimes, it's a poor substitute.
    To me it's worse about the feet, because of the shoes.