1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binders?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by choirsmash, Feb 1, 2016.

1. choirsmash

Hi, so I'm thinking that I'm nonbinary/gender-fluid and I'd like to have a binder for masculine days and stuff. The problem is that I can't afford to spend money on something that I don't need to live (broke college student without a stable source of income). Are there any websites out there selling good ones really cheap, or is anyone giving any away somewhere? I can't really ask anyone in my GSA here since everyone who has used one is still using it or they're bigger than I am (I'm a small human).

2. H20

H20

It depends on how cheap you're looking for. You can buy binders on websites like GC2b or Underworks for anywhere between $27 - $40 + shipping. They even provide sizing charts (although I haven't bought any binders myself yet since I'm broke myself.) If this is still too much, you can find some on Amazon from $5 to $50, but I can't attest to the qualitity of any of these, but when you're broke, you're broke, and you have to settle for below average sometimes. If possible, it's better to get one from Underworks or another transgender shopping site. There's also T-Kingdom for smaller people, although I don't know much about this one.

T-Kingdom

Ftm - Underworks

Binding While Broke

If these are still too much, just go to Amazon and type in breast binders and find one in your budget.

(Again, this is all coming from my own personal research, I haven't used any binders yet.)

3. xxKellinxx

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For my binder, I got it from GC2b, but it was rather expensive. It was in the $40-$50 range. But you can get binders from GC2b that are cheaper than that, it all depends on your budget, and I highly recommend that brand. Others brands are Underworks or T-Kingdom, like mentioned by H20. If you want a binder completely free of charge, some people on Tumblr who run transgender-related blogs will do giveaways. I myself don't use Tumblr or have taken part in a giveaway, but many of my friends have and it's a good way to get a binder cheap. Another way is to apply for a binder exchange program like In A Bind, but it may take up to 6 months or more to get one, and you are not guaranteed a brand or model. Amazon binders, from my experience, are not very good. You can buy GC2b binders on Amazon, but once again, they are more expensive. The least expensive ones don't bind very well and fall apart easily most of the time. I had two bargain binders off of Amazon before I got my GC2b one, and they barely lasted me two months. But this is just my experience and my opinions.

4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I would stay away from the cheap amazon binders. The issue is that those are designed to be costly binders. So, they are not designed for everyday use. If you wear these over a long period of time, theye have more of a potential to cause long lasting damage. I knew of a guy that was unable to bind because he damaged his ribs with binders that were cheap and too small.

I know .5cc used to send underworld binders with orders, so that is something that you can look into as well (they sell t-shirts and other clothing marketed at transgender people.)