1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using binders

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by suchconfusion, Feb 2, 2016.

1. suchconfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It's not a question of how to use binders but about me using them. As someone born female at birth and who has always identified as female, I also happen to feel an urge to look androgynous so much so that I want a binder to feel more comfortable. I often feel an urge to express being male. What does that mean?? Is that my gender expression or something else, like my sexuality...? Maybe I'm emulating a desire to look like androgynous people, who I tend to find attractive? Sorry, I don't think I'm really well versed on this topic or if this thread even belongs here, but I feel kind of confused and if anyone could give me some guidance, that'd be marvelous. Also, I'm sorry again if I use the wrong terms, I really don't want to offend anyone

2. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes it just means that you want to look a certain way, and nothing else. You can want to look male or androgynous and have it just be a style thing.

3. suchconfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I thought it might just be a matter of gender expression. I never thought about it very much until my friends commented that my desire to appear male or gender ambiguous reflects my gender is multifaceted or something.

4. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It doesn't necessary mean anything about your gender. Cis women can bind (it's not that uncommon in androgynous/masculine women). If you see it as just being about gender expression, then don't pay any attention to your friend's comment. Wanting to look androgynous doesn't make you not female. If you think it's motivated by not being female / not wanting a female body / etc. then it's worth thinking more about your gender.