1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hamburg- transfriendly?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by alias, Feb 6, 2016.

1. alias

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hey everyone , i am transguy and just applied for collage in Hamburg. So everything is going great about that and I'm gonna study there. But there's one thing that's really important to me and I couldn't find information anywhere. Is Hamburg transfriendly town ? Ive already been in Berlin and the people there seem to be pretty understanding . Now that I make big decision to study in Hamburg this is only in my head - are the people transfriendly?

#1 alias, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  2. Cinis

Cinis Guest

It depends on the individuals really but in general people are transfriendly.

3. alias

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

4. AaronV

Hey, I started my transition in Hamburg and there are a lot of trans groups that you could go to. (Hanse-x-men, mhc youth group). I visited those and the people there are very friendly and helpful. You'll also have no problem finding a therapist or endocrinologist. I'd say it's one of the best towns to transition besides Berlin, people there won't stare at you or anything, they are used to all sorts of people. Don't worry, you're going to have a great time! :slight_smile:

5. alias

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    That sounds amazing ! Does the groups have any addresses or something ? Thanks so much for the reply ! :slight_smile:

6. AaronV

Sure, here you go:
    Hanse-X-Men
    (^That one is only for transmen, it's more like a self help group)
    Gruppen im mhc — Magnus-Hirschfeld-Centrum
    (^These are all the groups that the mhc offers. They used to be a center for gay men but now offer services for all sorts of people on the lgbtq+ spectrum. I used to go to the Qwir youth group, the atmosphere is a bit more relaxed and there are people from all sorts of backgrounds and you can talk abotu whatever. )

7. alias

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thank you so much !! You helped me a lot ! Wish you best of luck :slight_smile:

#7 alias, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016