1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My "Straight" Friend

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by NewYorkCity01, Feb 6, 2016.

1. NewYorkCity01

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Please forgive me because this is kind of a long story, but I'm going to do my best to make it as short as possible.
    About two weeks ago, I met this guy through another friend of mine and we ended up taking a like to each other. Since then, we've texted each other and snapchatted each other everyday and I'm starting to question his sexuality.
    He says that he's straight, and currently has a girlfriend, but to make matters worse, I've developed feelings for him... Really really strong feelings too... Some of the things that make me question his sexuality are...
    - texting/calling/facetiming me more than his girlfriend.
    - I told him that I had feelings for him, and correct me if I'm wrong, but a normal straight guy would find that creepy. He did not.
    - Comes from an EXTEMELY religious background and is best friends with a gay guy.
    - Told me that he loves his girlfriend, but doesn't think of her in a sexual way.
    - I was hanging out with him at his house, and on his calendar, he wrote, "I'm not gay"(gay was underlined). I can't imagine a straight guy having to convince himself that he's not gay.
    - Constant flirt like conversations(compliments).
    Maybe I'm just crazy, but a lot of these are signs that he's really gay, and either hasn't figured it out, or it trying to deny it. So I guess I'm wondering what your opinion is on the situation.
    I often thought about maybe in a few months I should talk to him about it? Or should I stay quiet? I can go into detail of many other reasons why I think he's gay, so let me know if you want to know more. Please help!

2. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The calendar thing seems to suggest to me that he might be gay. It seems to me like he might be in denial or maybe just confused. I would wait and let him talk to you when he is ready to. Maybe when he said he was not thinking of his girlfriend in a sexual way it was his way of reaching out (I don't know as I don't know the circumstances)?

3. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For now just bite down on your feelings and just be his friend. Be there for him, because when he finally admits to himself that he is gay (if he is) then he will need a friend who can talk him through things and let him know that it is alright.