1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help me understand

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Aisuru Musica, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Aisuru Musica

I have no idea how to start this post since it's one of my first, but here goes:
    I'm confused about my gender (obviously since I'm using this forum) and have been for a while now. I'm afab but feel semi-masculine. The problem for me is that I don't feel 100% male and even though I know there are several identities that fall all over the gender spectrum, none of them really seem to fit me. The best way I can describe what I'm feeling is that there's multiple layers of translucent fabric that change in intensity. Light blue for demiboy-ishness, purple for androgeny, green for something else and a covering of white and black for agender with some pink sequins. Like I said, I'm not sure exactly what this would be called but I think it would be something along the lines of demi-fluid polygender? Sorry if this was confusing but I would be so grateful if you took the time to reply. Thanks for reading. (^.^)

2. JackIsANerd

Obviously you are the only one that can decide who you are but maybe for now just focus on what makes you happy and don't worry too much about labels. You have plenty of time to figure everything out, I don't know much about the non binary identities but hopefully someone can offer advice on it! :grin:

3. Aisuru Musica

Thanks. I've been trying not to care too much about it but whenever I really want to know something I'll obsess until I find out or until I get tired of trying. The funny thing is that I've always wanted to fit outside the boxes of society just to prove I'm unique but when I finally have an opportunity to do it I label myself even more. Not sure why that is but hey, I'm weird like that. :icon_wink

4. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd recommend considering how you'd like to be socially and biologically--personally, I've found trying to think of gender as a feeling only leads to more confusion (but that's just me).

5. eden

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    that's true. i think americans are most into declaring and labelling than other folks. i only mean to say: don't worry about labels. i'm wearing fairly androgynous clothes and feel like a white on the genderfluid flag but maybe it'll change later today, maybe not.