1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling invalid

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by littleraven, Feb 9, 2016.

1. littleraven

I feel invalid sometimes because I identify as being non binary. There's a lot of transphobia including bitterness toward NBs. I don't really know how to explain much further. I just need some comfort.

#1 littleraven, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  2. Confusedmoose

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*) You are totally valid! There is nothing wrong with being non binary (*hug*)

3. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are completely, 100% valid and don't let a single person tell you otherwise. There are many people in the world that want to invalidate non binary people, including those in the community, which is cruel and unacceptable. Just because you aren't male or female doesn't make you fake. Non binary genders are real.

Hang in there and keep being you and strong.

4. littleraven

Thanks ^^ (*hug*)

5. Cinis

Cinis Guest

As long as you know who you are it doesn't matter what others think.
    *nonbinary high five*

6. Distant Echo

Oh bugger them. They don't get a say in who you are....

7. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    We see this through out history many times, it's nothing new. Something new comes along and people see it as a threat as they don't understand it or think it affects them, so they rebel against it. Then, overtime, people begin to find that it doesn't affect them much and there's no threat so then they leave and move onto the next thing. My guess, based on homosexuality and transgender, it'll take about 40 years to find acceptance. Seems long, but hopefully those who accept NB can help make that time shorter.

8. C P

C P

Pretty much what Secrets is going on about, anything that challenges/brings into questioning how whack society's 'traditional' gender views are just comes across as crazy/f'd up/etc and so said people try to shut it all down, like anything else that they don't (want to) understand.

Hon, you being non-binary is just as real and valid as what society considers the most masculine of men and most feminine of women.

If anything, I find being nb helps with gaining more of a carefree mentality anyways, at least with this gender stuff...

Be more like a man you say? Be more like a woman you say? Well I ain't either, so you can sit the fuck down.